REAL LIFE. REAL YOGA. classes can be tailored to fit the needs of the students:
BUTI Yoga® – The hottest new yoga style!
Buti Yoga workouts transform your BODY + SOUL with cardio-intensive bursts of tribal dance, primal movement + conditioning woven into a dynamic yoga practice. REAL LIFE. REAL YOGA. is the only Greensboro-based program to offer Buti Yoga. Created by Celebrity Trainer Bizzie Gold, Buti Yoga utilizes the Spiral Structure Technique to sculpt + tone the deep abdominal muscles that stabilize and strengthen the body. Instead of linear movements, this practice favors movements that challenge the body along all planes of motion – THE RESULT – long, lean muscle with sexy feminine curves. Check out my upcoming class schedule.
The goal of Hatha Yoga is to create an absolute balance between the physical body, mind and energy. This class will use asanas (physical postures), breathing techniques and meditation. Participants will become stronger, more flexible and will feel relaxed at the end of each class.
I offer the following types of Hatha Yoga classes:
- All Levels – Suitable for a small group of people with varying abilities and levels of experience. I will give plenty of variations, allowing more advanced students to go further, while providing an opportunity for beginner students to rest or explore easier options in a pose.
- Beginner – Suitable for absolute beginners with little or no experience with yoga. You will be introduced to basic yoga postures and I will offer plenty of modifications and verbal cues to ensure that you are safe and practicing postures correctly.
- Intermediate – Suitable for an individual or small group that have at least some experience doing yoga. Students should be familiar with some English names of postures.
- Advanced – Only suitable for those that have experience with yoga. Postures will be more challenging and may include balancing poses and inverted poses. Be prepared to work hard!
This class will relax the body and calm the mind. Meditation has been shown to increase quality of life, lower blood pressure and cholesterol, reduce stress and much more. Suitable for all levels. Classes are 30 minutes long.
A highly energized and fast-paced flow of yoga, Power Yoga is challenging and invigorating, and will strengthen every muscle in your body as you work up a sweat, vigorously heat the body, and move quickly through each posture. All participants should be somewhat physically fit before beginning this class.
This style of yoga is more passive than most and uses gravity to allow you to descend more deeply into your practice. Yin Yoga targets connective tissue, such as ligaments and tendons, more so than in a more active style of yoga. Poses are held anywhere from 1-5 minutes. While this may initially be seen as easy, participants usually report that it is much more difficult than they anticipated.
Please note: Yin Yoga requires the use of props. Each student will need a blanket, two blocks and if possible, a bolster or oversized pillow.
Restorative Yoga is perfect for those recovering from injury. This restful practice implements body awareness, breath work and deeply relaxing poses. Almost all of the poses will be seated or lying down, with the use of props. This style of yoga helps to oxygenate the body, decrease blood pressure and gently bring the body into a relaxed state.
Please note: Restorative Yoga requires the use of props. Each student will need a blanket, two blocks and if possible, a bolster or oversized pillow.
Boardroom Yoga (Corporate Clients Only)
Boardroom Yoga is perfect for companies who want to participate in a yoga program. but don’t have the appropriate space. Classes can be done in chairs, around a table, or standing without mats. All poses will be modified to suit the space you have. Boardroom Yoga is a gentle style class and low in intensity.
Conference Yoga (Corporate Clients Only)
Conference Yoga is offered as a special treat during conferences, retreats or workshops at the workplace. I will help you determine your needs and plan a practice for your employees and guests that is designed to reduce stress, increase energy and blood flow to the brain and muscles, improve memory retention, productivity/efficiency, builds teamwork and much more.
By helping conference participants focus on their breath and posture, they will be able to concentrate more effectively on the material being presented.
It’s a fun and enjoyable way for people to remember your next conference or corporate event!
What you will need for classes:
- A quiet, comfortable space large enough to use (living room, multi-purpose room, gymnasium, meeting room, etc.)
- Comfortable clothing and a water bottle
- Optional music source, such as phone adapter stereo
- Yoga mat, yoga blocks and strap (blocks and strap optional)
- A positive attitude!